In 1990, new ownership decided to add as much square footage of offices and parking as feasible. We decided the huge heritage oaks (see how big they were in 1927) were inviolate, so the allowable square footage was added behind the oak near the creek and raised over parking to provide a fine view of the 16th fairway of the Country Club. Private decks were given to each office suite on the view side. The wood shingles, wood windows, and pitched roofs were kept as design details to fit the new to the old.
Orinda Office Building
Copyright © 2009 William Simpson, Architect All Rights Reserved.